Reefer-Fresh – AiroFresh® trial project
Subject: AiroFresh® “carrier” shipping container in the trial of fruit, vegetable and ornamental preservation with the help of AiroFresh® technology.
It is a photocatalytic unit based on unique processes and not a corona discharge ozone generator as currently is popular. The AiroFresh® air flow cleansing rates are superior and safe relying on reactions within the confines of the unit.
- specially designed an AiroFresh® unit for the purposes of installing in “Carrier” refrigerated containers.
- To provide appropriate electrical assistance in product design and fitment.
AiroFresh® is an Australian patented new technology. This unit is made to constantly clean the internal enclosed atmosphere. For three years we have installed AiroFresh® in many cold storages in South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia.
Our units easily cater for controlled land-based storages for more than 60 days. Allow for the transport of mixed fruit and vegetables without cross-contamination with an extension of standard shelf life.
- Removes fungus, mould, ethylene and other contaminants.
- Not an ozone corona discharge unit.
- No need for ventilation during the voyage
- Very cost effective to operate and maintain.
- Two units installed in each container for redundancy in case of a failure
- Very little power draw each unit is 1 amp
- Light, portable, robust 1.2mm 304 stainless steel construction
- Requires annual service of lamps and coatings.
- Each unit is engineered to fit in the side panels, either side of the carrier air conditioning unit. No intrusion into the storage space.
- Professional fitting of the units.
- Units secured by one bolt top and bottom of each unit (4 bolt holes) that will be fitted with stainless steel bolt fillers are the end of the trial.
- A power take-off will be taken from the main switchboard designed by the electrician and our engineer.
We believe this is a high volume unit opportunity to enable more cost and quality to produce efficient transport in the reefer industry.